1) Shuffle your biggest playlist, or if you've got too much music to put the bulk of it on one playlist regularly, toss it all together and shuffle that. Take the first ... however many you want.
2) Quote a lyric from each song (preferably one without the song title in it).
3) Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs. (And no cheating.)
4) When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line and list the name of the song next to it.
Rest your daughter while your mother cries.
You could have let him fly.
An onyx ribbon spreading out.
No flame so small that it never burns,
No page so sure that it never turns.
4. As we live our lives through a series of glances
and you smile without smiling for a whole another year,
I think we need a little bit more understanding.
5. I saw her bleed,
You heard me breathe,
And I froze inside myself
And turned away.
It cuts me inside, and often I've bled."
7. I wouldn't have made it very far,
So we'd make a good team right away.
8. I was having the time of my life,
So why did you have to die?
Strawberry surprise, pink linen and white paper.
People talk in whispers where you are.
Do you fear the night?
Do you fear the morning's
12. You're walking halfway in,
But crawling halfway out.
There's a void in your mind that you cling to.
And find out to their cost.
Somewhere inside of us,
We must be similar,
If not the same.
Hear the children sing just a breath away.
You shine the light on hidden parts.
And make me over in your arms.
The pain that guided me before
Has no comfort anymore.
18. Won't need no mercy on my soul
When the lawman's got me cold,
'Cause breaking the rules that they told
Was something I had to do.
You saw her bathing on the roof.
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you.
20. First time I saw you standing in the street,
You were so cool you could have put out Vietnam.
21. Still, this is nothing random.
I'm meant to suffer and wait.
So much passion turned to pain.
The sun still shines most of the time.
Did you know the sun shines when it rains?
To the ladies I'm Sir Prize,
But call me by any name,
Any way it's all the same.
There must be passion in the language.
25. In my dreams,
I can see us in a tight embrace,
Doing all the things that we never really dare.
Stand in the middle and you won't fall down.
If you stand in the middle you can keep your balance.
Lost for so long?
Will you be on the other side,
Or will you forget me?
Buried in silk in the royal boudoir or going nuclear free.
29. Lost in a world that's been scorched to black,
Lost in myself until I finally find
A guide in you, and gratitude is mine.
I admire the way you shine.
30. As death it waits for me,
And after pouring rain.