1. Starsailor -- Tie Up My Hands (guessed by autumnflame)
I wanna love you, but my hands are tied.
I wanna stay here, but I've been denied.
Let's watch the clock until the morning sun does rise.
2. Assemblage 23 -- Drive (guessed by autumnflame)
Sometimes I drive to run from all my demons.
Sometimes I drive so I can be alone.
Sometimes I drive to see the world in a different light.
Sometimes I drive for no reason at all.
3. Savatage -- Not What You See (guessed by lilairen)
And I'm out here, waiting.
I don't understand what you want me to be.
It's the dark you're hating, it's not who I am,
But I know that it's all that you see.
4. Idlewild -- Welcome Home
Stop and turn around and say it with your eyes closed.
You don't need to welcome me home.
Stop and turn around and try looking with your eyes wide open.
5. Evanescence -- I Must Be Dreaming (artist guessed by caltan)
It's not what it seems,
Not what you think.
No, I must be dreaming.
It's only in my mind,
Not real life.
No, I must be dreaming.
6. Suzanne Vega -- The Queen and the Soldier (guessed by infinitepryde)
The soldier came knocking upon the queen's door.
He said, "I am not fighting for you any more."
The queen knew she'd seen his face someplace before,
And slowly she let him inside.
7. Snow Patrol -- Ask Me How I Am
Has nobody asked you how you are?
You look like you might not last the day.
8. Gene -- London, Can You Wait
"London, can you wait
For all the things I have to say?
London, can you wait?"
9. Fuel -- Shimmer (guessed by autumnflame)
We're here and now, but will we ever be again?
'Cause I have found
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
10. Cats Laughing -- Black Knight's Work (guessed by infinitepryde)
When the black knight moves, you can feel a hand disturb the game.
You can hear the city asking for the white pawn's name.
Between the black squares and the white, there's gonna be a sacrifice tonight!
Before the black knight moves again--you better do the same.
11. Savatage -- Awaken (guessed by caltan)
Now's not the time to sleep--
There are still nights to keep.
Chances are there to take.
Now it is time to
12. Queensryche -- No Sanctuary
Now you cry: give me sanctuary!
You scream but no one listens.
Again you cry: give me sanctuary!
Until the end, I'll fight and die to be free--
Oh! No sanctuary!
13. Sting -- Shape of My Heart (guessed by tiassa)
I know that the spades are swords of a soldier,
I know that the clubs are weapons of war.
I know that diamonds mean money for this art,
But that's not the shape of my heart.
14. Suzanne Vega -- Left of Center (guessed by joiedecombat)
If you want me,
You can find me
Left of center,
Off of the strip.
15. Covenant -- Like Tears in Rain (guessed by caltan)
Go to the empire state and watch the city lights,
Hear the noise of millions struggle in the sprawl,
Stare into the sky--we're few and far between,
Black eyes full of stars wide with memories.
16. Garbage -- Cherry Lips (guessed by tiassa)
With your cherry lips and golden curls,
You could make grown men gasp
When you'd go walking past them
In your hot pants and high heels.
17. October Project -- Falling Farther In (guessed by keshwyn)
I leave a life behind me,
I feel myself begin.
I'm reaching out to keep you
Falling further in...
18. T-Ride -- Heroes and Villains
The tightrope we walk leads straight to the gallows,
And when the hangman calls your name,
Heroes and villains hang the same.
19. Rufus Wainwright -- Hallelujah (guessed by tiassa)
I've seen your flag on the marble arch--
Love is not a victory march.
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah.
20. The Pogues -- Haunted
I want to be haunted by the ghost
Of your precious love.
21. Bel Canto -- Intravenous
Oh, what a trauma.
Release me from this coma.
Why won't they let me escape?
Drip, drip, intravenous emergency.
22. Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris -- High Sierra (guessed by caltan)
I've been higher than the high sierra,
Lower than Death Valley must be.
I've been right, mostly wrong,
Wrong about you, right about me.
23. Voltaire -- When You're Evil (artist guessed by caltan)
And it's so easy when you're evil.
This is the life, you see,
The Devil tips his hat to me.
24. Suzanne Vega -- Big Space (guessed by geloe)
Falls into the big space.
Swept into the
Avenues of angles.
25. T-Ride -- You and Your Friend
I think I'm in love with you and your friend,
Honest I do.
I can't see you and me and her without each other.
26. Splashdown -- Karma Slave (title guessed by infinitepryde, artist guessed by joiedecombat)
I'm a slave of karma--
Spin the wheel and I'm a king reborn.
I'm a slave to karma,
I'm coming back, yeah, I'll be coming back,
But for the last time.
27. Evanescence -- My Tourniquet (guessed by tiassa and autumnflame)
My God, my tourniquet,
Return to me salvation.
28. Moxy Fruvous -- King of Spain (guessed by reynardfox)
Once I was the King of Spain (now I eat humble pie).
A palatial palace, that was my home (now I eat humble pie).
I'm telling you, I was the King of Spain (now I eat humble pie).
29. AFI -- The New Patron Saints and Angels
I've seen the light that emanates from you,
And it makes me feel proud, a voice of reason above the muffling crowds.
Such will to live and you've got so much to give, long-lost sincerity.
30. Toad the Wet Sprocket -- Pale Blue
As death it comforts me.
And after pouring rain,
Pale blue remains.
Additionally, since I normally do Naruto song calls, I'm going to do some for Bleach now, especially since a couple of the songs above reminded me.
Oingo Boingo -- Same Man I Was Before
I'm not the same ghost I was before,
But I converse with the spirits.
When people talk I don't hear it.
I walk through doors when no one sees me.
Ichigo and Orihime
Suzanne Vega -- Left of Center
I think that somehow,
Somewhere inside of us,
We must be similar,
If not the same.
So I continue
To be wanting you,
Left of center,
Against the grain.
Rukia and Renji
Idlewild -- Welcome Home
As we live our lives through a series of glances,
And you smile without smiling for a whole another year,
I think we need a little more understanding.
I think the future is already here...
Ichigo and Rukia
Vienna Teng -- Shine
In this desert land,
I know some rain must fall.
See where we began--
We've come so far...
And now it is time to finish the next chapter of "Spiral Out." I just have one scene left to go, dammit. Granted, it's a long scene, and an extremely important one, and I accidentally set myself up with the monster task of proving that my central OC can parallel Naruto in some ways, but dammit I will do this.
Edit: No, no, I lied. Now it is time to watch Spooks 4x10 and then explode in spy fangirling. adam;;; adamadamadam;;;; SPIES RULE.