Here's how it works. I start by posting a handful of recent memes. You contribute by giving me other memes you'd like to see me do. It's a super meta meme!
The Fandoms As Lovers Meme
The one who seduced you and fucked you over and broke your heart in a million pieces and laughed about it
Code Geass, no question about it. It seemed so cool, and I was even willing to overlook (or even enjoy!) all the silliness and stupidity for the fun angst and for Lelouch and Suzaku and Euphemia and Kallen and then...the silliness and stupidity overwhelmed the good bits. And the fandom cheered.
The old flame you don't see very often any more but whom you still really enjoy getting together with for a few drinks and maybe a pleasant nostalgic romp in the sheets
Naruto. I still love your characters, baby, and will happily read awesome fanfic or look at awesome fanart...but current canon? You can keep it out of my sight.
The mysterious dark gothy one whom you used to sit up with talking until 3 a.m. at weird coffeehouses and with whom you were quite smitten until you realized he really was fucking crazy
Fullmetal Alchemist. That...was a very strange era in my fannish life.
The one you spent a whole weekend in bed with and who drank up all your liquor, and whom you'd still really like to fuck again although you're relieved he doesn't actually live in town
Fate/Stay night. Archer and Rin are made of awesome, and I went through a period where they were having sex in my brain pretty much constantly. But the rest of the series just couldn't sustain me.
Not so much the actual series of Hellblazer as anything related to John Constantine. He's my fictional boyfriend. Why am I not dead yet?
The alluring stranger whom you've flirted with at parties but have never gotten really serious with
Claymore. I read the first five volumes, then got distracted, and oh man, even though it's totally flawed (mediocre art and somewhat shoddy plotting), it's just so sexy.
The one you hang out with and have vague fantasies about maybe having a thing with but ultimately you're just good buddies 'cause the friendship is there but the chemistry ain't
Berserk. It's a fantastic series, one of the best manga ever, and I will happily follow it forever, but I've never been crazy about it, you know? Don't get me wrong, though, I will still gladly babble about how cool it is and what all the symbolism means. It just doesn't turn me into a raging nutcase the way some of my fandoms do.
The one your friends keep introducing you to and who seems like a hell of a cool guy except it's never really gone anywhere
One Piece. I enjoyed the first couple of volumes, really! And it sounds like a fantastic series! Someday I'll sit down and read the rest, but...so far? Eh.
The one who's slept with all your friends, and you keep looking at him and thinking, "him? how the hell did he land all these cool babes?"
Sry2say, CLAMP. xXxHolic is freaking adorable, and I found the first chapter of Tokyo Babylon intriguing, but so many of the concepts seem kind of cheesy and cliched, and TRC is just awful. (Yet for some reason, I kind of want to read more of it. Why.)
The one your friend has fallen for like a ton of bricks and whom she keeps babbling to you about on the phone for hours, and you'd be happy for her except you just know it's going to end badly
...this is usually not my friend, but me.
The Ten Things Starting With A Letter Meme
Comment and I will give you a letter. You have to post a list of ten things starting with that letter in your LJ and explain what each one means to you.
clocklike gave me the better B!
1) Berserk: awesome given form as ink on a page. And lots of gratuitous fanservice and even more gratuitous violence, but it's still awesome.
2) Boredom: my eternal archnemesis.
3) Broadway musicals: I was raised on them from about the age of six onwards.
4) Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab: my new addiction. My new expensive addiction. Woe. :(
5) Bernadette Peters: the hottest woman ever. She turned me gay. Also, I got a hug from her! It's true.
6) Bubblewrap: one of my favorite diversions. Also, Christopher's greatest fear.
7) Blades: one of my great weaknesses. If a weapon is sharp and shiny, I want it, if only to hang on my wall.
8) Black cat: what I just gave kisses.
9) Books: things I absolutely must have nearby at all times.
10) Bondage: something that is really hot. Although perhaps not as hot as Bernadette Peters.
The Why Character A Loves Character B Meme
Give me the names of two characters and I will tell you why character A loves character B. I might answer with a drabble, a quick bit of meta, or a list, just to make things that tiny bit more OMGSOEXCITING!
The Superteam Challenge Meme
The Challenge: Assemble a superteam from your various fandoms; must include one character of each type, all from different fandoms. For bonus points, assemble a team of supervillains as well.
1) Team Leader: Kakashi (Naruto)
2) Warrior: Clare (Claymore)
3) Smartypants: Rukia (Bleach)
4) Hottie: Fran (Final Fantasy XII)
5) Comic Relief: Puck (Berserk)
1) Master: Kyouya (Ouran High School Host Club)
2) Loyal Lapdog: Kimimaro (Naruto)
3) Mad Scientist: Urahara (Bleach)
4) Bloodthirsty Assassin: Albel (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
5) Lovable Failure: Mason (Dead Like Me)
Now go! Give me your memes!